Patients & Families
Why should you come to Spectrios Institute as your local low vision center? Because we have an unsurpassed track record of improving the lives of thousands of people with vision loss. Here is what we provide through our team of dedicated, caring professionals and leading-edge vision rehabilitation services:
- We consult with patients and their families to understand their unique, individual situations and how our vision rehabilitation services may enrich their lives.
- We conduct comprehensive functional vision examinations with a low vision specialist to assure the patient's visual limitations and visual potential are fully understood.
- We provide consultations with an occupational therapist.
- We develop a customized treatment plan with the best prescriptive devices, adaptive tools, technology, and training to meet each patient's individual needs and goals.
- We provide opportunities for family and friends to learn how to help achieve success.
- We sponsor camps for children to learn computer skills, new technology aids, and how to network with other children with vision loss.
- We publish newsletters for adults and children to share new technologies and resources for people with low vision.
- We facilitate support/networking groups lead by a licensed therapist for people with low vision.
We think of ourselves as an extended family of professionals, patients, and partners all sharing a common goal: to help people with vision loss become more than they can see.