In-Person Low Vision Summer Day Camp
Where fun, learning, and connection come together!
July 17 – 21, 2023 | 9:00 AM – 3:30 PM
We invite rising 6th to 12th grade students with low vision to join us for a week of adventure and discovery.
We believe that every child with vision loss deserves the chance to explore their potential, make new friends, and have fun in a safe and supportive environment.
Our camp offers valuable information and training that you can use to succeed in school and beyond.
- You will be introduced to the latest cool access tech, and low-tech tools to help make your life easier.
- You’ll also discover no-tech tips and practice advocating for yourself with teachers and peers.
- Come engage in a variety of activities, field trips, and outdoor recreation.
- Our field trips will take you to exciting destinations where you can make friends with other visually impaired individuals and have a blast!
- Our campers have enjoyed adventures at the Morton Arboretum, explored their inner chef with a cooking class, and experienced the thrill of a lifetime with a tactile tour of Chicago White Sox Stadium!
Join us for our Low Vision Summer Day Camp and make connections that last a lifetime. Register today and let’s have some fun!
Who: Rising 6th – 12th grade students with Low Vision
When: July 17 – 21, 2023
Time: 9:00 am – 3:30 pm
Where: Spectrios Institute for Low Vision, Wheaton, IL
Cost: $50* Registration fee includes lunch, snacks, and costs associated with ticketed activities (including transportation) *Scholarships are available!
- Camp is open to students meeting the following requirements: Illinois resident ages 9-19, has a Visual Impairment
- Students will be responsible for providing transportation to and from the camp at Spectrios Institute in Wheaton, IL. We will provide transportation for activities during the camp.
ABOUT THE HOST
You are more than your vision loss. At Spectrios, we believe that you can achieve all your dreams, and we are here to help you make that a reality.
Spectrios Institute for Low Vision, formerly Deicke Center for Visual Rehabilitation, is a unique organization providing a comprehensive visual rehabilitation program that includes low vision evaluation, counseling, and instruction of daily living skills and technology use.
Spectrios empowers children and adults with vision loss, regardless of income, to optimize their visual capabilities and independence using prescriptive tools, technology, rehabilitative training, and inspiration. We strive to educate every person with vision loss.
This programming has been funded by a generous grant from the Reinsdorf Family, in memory of Martyl Reinsdorf.
HOW TO REGISTER
Registration is limited to the first 15 people to sign up.
Don’t miss out on this incredible opportunity to connect, learn, and have fun!
Register today and discover the adventure that awaits you at our summer day camp.