The Third Annual life after high school Transition Conference.
This conference will answer all your questions. Now that you are out of school, what services are available? How do you transition to a college campus? How do you enter the work-force? What sort of future can you expect? How can you follow your passions?
Friends! Fun! Future!
You are more than your vision loss. At Spectrios, we believe that you can achieve all your dreams, and we are here to help you make that a reality.
Who: Specifically designed for low vision students ages 16-19 who have graduated high school or will graduate in the next year.
When: June 27-July 1 from 10:00 AM – 12:oo noon CT
Where: via Zoom
Cost: FREE to you – funding provided by the Reinsdorf Family
Registration is limited to the first 15 people to sign up.
Opportunity to meet others in the low vision world
Get your questions answered by people in the know
YouTuber Sam from The Blind Life will join us to chat about life with vision loss and offer tips and support as you make your way into adulthood.
Canadian Paralympic cross-country skier Brian McKeever will join us to share is his story and advice. He has won 16 gold medals – to equal men’s all-time record – at his final Winter Paralympic Games.
- How to get services and support after high school
- Can I learn how to drive?
- Emotional/Social issues related to the transition
- Navigating at college or at a job – how and who to ask for help
- Virtual cooking class with a low vision chef
- Learn how to advocate for yourself in the “adult” world of work or college
- What sort of support can you expect?
- Basic cooking skills and how to set up a low vision kitchen
- Connect with other teens with vision loss
HOW TO APPLY
Use the button below or email Leslie LeResche at LeRescheL@Spectrios.org for more information.