We have an opening! Would you or anyone you know like to join the Spectrios Team as Director of Development? If you think you might be interested in impacting the lives of people with low vision by raising funds to support our mission we need you!
Position Title: Director of Development
Reports to: Executive Director and Board of Directors
Salary: $60,000 to 70,000
Location: Wheaton, IL
Spectrios Institute for Low Vision is a small, nationally-accredited, non-profit organization. Enjoy a rewarding career raising funds that bring hope and independence to children and adults with visual impairments who participate in our visual rehabilitation programs.
About the Opportunity:
The Director of Development manages our fundraising initiatives and donor relations. This includes obtaining grant funds, developing fundraising campaigns, communicating with current and prospective donors, directing individual, major gift and planned giving programs, as well as, coordinating fundraising events.
About the Responsibilities:
- Developing an annual fundraising plan and budget
- Growing major gifts and planned giving programs through identification, cultivation and solicitation of major donors
- Identifying and building relationships with new and prospective donors
- Directing the annual appeal campaign mailing
- Directing the annual gala and golf classic fundraising events
- Generating new ideas that increase revenue and donor loyalty
- Grant research, proposal writing, tracking and reporting
- Writing and mailing donation acknowledgment letters
- Coordinating and participating in bi-monthly Board of Directors meetings
- Maintaining the Donor Perfect fundraising database
- Other responsibilities as required
About the Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience as a non-profit director of development
- Experience in donor cultivation, grant writing and coordinating special events
- Experience with Donor Perfect fundraising software a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required
Apply directly with your resume and cover letter to PerrettS@Spectrios.org.